Tuesday, June 15, 2010

iPad - My Experience

Warning: My observations are biased as I'm not an Apple Fanboy, at least right now (was one in the past, I both respect and hate Apple & Microsoft)

  • It is heavy.
  • It is fast.
  • Touch response is great and the best one available. But I doubt the same after the release iPhone 4G :-P
  • It is great for web browsing. Pity myself! I am waiting for my Nook ebook reader. But I'm going to have the Android.
  • I love the remake of Notes and Contacts app.
  • iBooks is simple with bundles of feature which are must for any ebook apps/devices from now on. (Yet to try Kindle/Nook/Kobo so I may be wrong will update after my Nook.)
  • Speaker is good, compared to my 1st gen MiPhone :(


It is not iPhone on steroids, it is iPod Touch on steroids :) I suggest you not to buy until they give you a better product on next revision, a camera + a basic phone features + dignity (other technologies).

It is not a product you must require unless you have a budget in every quarter for Apple.

I wonder, is there a device available for all platform with touch inputs + the area of iPad or 3/4th of it?

--
Dr.P

2 comments:

  1. Do you think... is it possible to have phone features in iPad???... how will u use it..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since there is a mic-in and a micro SIM holder, it should be possible.

    Of-course with headset only :)

    ReplyDelete