Monday, May 17, 2010

Hackintosh Guide: Snow Leopard 10.6.1-10.6.2 Intel AMD made by Hazard

sonyvaio Last Saturday I was successful in installing Snow Leopard on Sony Vaio with Core i3 Processor. I have tried many distro's in past 2 years and I can tell you it is not easy to install on any given PC.

Here is my notes of the installation.


Issue #1: Continuous Reboot

You need to add the bootflag called busratio, in my case it was busratio=16. And here is the link to get busratio for most of Intel Core i processor.

Issue #2: Freezes at "Do You Already Own a Mac" screen

I don't know why it freezes but the solution is, you need to skip the registration process and please follow the steps to skip.
  • Reboot your system
  • Boot into single user mode by providing the boot flag -v -s busratio=16
  • Once you are in the terminal (single user mode), mount the / with R/W permission by executing the commands
    /sbin/fsck -fy
    /sbin/mount -uw /

    (Note: Do not forget to type / (slash) I skip it most of the time :-)
  • Skip the Registration by executing the following command
    touch /private/var/db/.AppleSetupDone
This should skip the Setup process, but it also skips the user registration, so you don't have an account to login when it reboots.

You can create a new user with commands (link) alternatively, you can reset the password for the user root and use it to create a new user once login. Execute the following command to reset the password in single user mode.
  • launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.DirectoryServices.plist
  • passwd root
that's pretty much it. Now you should be able to login to Snow Leopard.

P.S:
Network, Sound, USB wasn't working. Moreover all Snow Leopard distro's have a peculiar issue in common, that you can't able to take screen shot (Command + Shift + 3) doesn't capture the screen. This exists in SnowLeo, SnowLeo Universal 3.6 iPortable Snowleo distro's as well.

I have also tried to take screenshot from Preview app, it crashes and logs an issue related to coregraphics framework. My colleague told me that he was able to install iPhone SDK 3.1.3 for snow leopard on the same successfully.

Update:
Please refer my post Snow Leopard (Retail) on Lenovo 3000 N100 on how to fix the screen capture and preview.app related issue I mentioned above.

13 comments:

  1. Hi , what the kernel do you use for core i3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous I've used the default one (vanila)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have frozen apple logo screen after installation.
    i choose chameleon 2.0 RC5 only , Can You help me at this problem.
    I have a same laptop as at you.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous

    Try to debug the issue with -v flag. And you need to provide busratio every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its doesn't work for me.
    I have tried all possible combinations of flags.
    For soud try voodooHDA v2.5.3 from kests.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you dude. You saved my day... Dogan Coruh

    ReplyDelete
  7. I installed thankz.
    i've VAIO VPCEA15FN
    but SL is not loading.
    i've also ubuntu10.10 in my lap ,ican see SL in grub but when i select the compputer restarts.

    PLEASE HELP

    ReplyDelete
  8. @vishakh

    I guess you need to find different busratio to match your CPU spec. Try booting -v -x for more verbose on issues.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i can also install SL by typing busratio=20,
    but when i select SL, apple logo appears,then nothing happens...


    i've tried many combinations ( -v,-v -x,-v arch=i386,arch=i386,-x32,-v -f,cpus=2 busratio=16),i can't install with these commands.

    is there any way to run SL by customise option before install,by selecting some stuffs from there..

    Please Help........

    thanks.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should Customize http://goo.gl/I9aUn

    Select only what is necessary. Pls look at Prasys blog - http://prasys.info/osx86hackint0sh/ he wrote a great post on basic understanding on hackint0sh

    http://prasys.info/2009/08/installing-snow-leopard-for-osx86/

    Goodluck

    ReplyDelete
  11. my name is chintan

    my problem with snow leopard 10.6.1 & 10.6.2 (Made by hazard) is that after installation it stucks on startup screen n does not move forward plz help me with that

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got past the "do you own....." screen... However user name and pass are NOT root. /:

    ReplyDelete