Sunday, April 4, 2010

// // 20 comments

[BEROR]Code Sign error: Provisioning profile '579ACFD8-827A-4325-F623-DB8CDD5081DB' can't be found

Check dependencies Code Sign error: Provisioning profile

[BEROR]Code Sign error: Provisioning profile '579ACFD8-827A-4325-F623-DB8CDD5081DB' can't be found

Anyone who is relatively new to iPhone development could easily identify this issue is related to the invalid provisioning profile.

What if you receive this error even if you provide valid device, dev certificate, provisioning profile and bundle identifier? No clue right. I spent almost a day on finding the issue.

This can be resolved by copying all your classes/resources/other files to a newly created project. Easy solution isn’t it? but my case is different, the project was already renamed (Google on how to rename xcodeproj and the steps involved). As the project given to me was already renamed hence it has different name for xcodeproj, different name for appdelegate and another name for info.plist file, copying all the files to a new project is real pain. To add oil to the fire I was supposed to deliver the code to my QA to test the build on device before sending the code to customer by EOD and it was a Friday.

Solution:

All you have to do is find the provisioning profile ID in your project.pbxprj file and replace it with valid provisioning profile that you had tried to build the code earlier.

  • Step 1: Open the project.pbxproj file in a text editor. (you will find this file in YourProject/YourProject.xcodeproj by control-clicking it and selecting "Show Package Contents")
  • Step 2: Replace all occurrences of the provisioning profile id from the error with the correct provisioning profile id from the organizer.

Screenshots:

How to find project.pbxproj

Right click (Ctrl+click) your prjname.xcodeproj file and select “Show Package Contents”. This will open the Finder with some files.

packagecontents

 project

 

Find valid profile identifier of your provisioning file
organizer

 

Where to replace the profile identifier
pbxprojx

Related Issue

Check dependencies

[BEROR]CodeSign error: no provisioning profile at path '/Users/username/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/579ACFD8-827A-4325-F623-DB8CDD5081DB.mobileprovision'

 

The solution to the above error -  Rename your appname.mobileprovision with (alpha-numeric-name) specified in the error.

 

--
Dr.P

 

 

P.S
Thank you Anders for correcting the text.

20 comments:

  1. Hmmm .... that looked promising, but it did not fix my problem. I will try again in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, that was fairly unfortunately worded. Is Soln supposed to be "solution"? And the verb in:

    "Step 4: Find the provisioning id (Step 1) with the valid one (Step 2)"

    is, I assume, supposed to be "Replace" from above. And then after our step 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 there is another step 2, 3, 4 & 5. I'd suggest the following wording instead:

    Step 1: Open the project.pbxproj file in a text editor. (you will find this file in YourProject/YourProject.xcodeproj by control-clicking it and selecting "Show Package Contents")

    Step 2: Replace all occurrences of the provisioning profile id from the error with the correct provisioning profile id from the organizer.

    Thanks for pointing me in this direction, this was very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anders thank you.
    I'll update the text ASAP. The steps below the 5 steps are the screen-shots associated with the steps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a freakin' hero ! Thx !
    Give you 9000 internetz point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I downloaded the new windows live beta and when i try to sign in it says error code 8000ffff ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Error code-81000306- how do i sign in to windows live messenger?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The problem could also be that you have the iphone configuration utility open and the change you made through XCode will not save.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes thank you very much! You saved me. Good on you for writing this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This happened to me. Along the way I had added more devices to the provisioning profile and wanted to create an Archive to send it to TestFlightApp, and this is how I got the error.

    Thanks for posting your tip , it saved me in the end !

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! Like you I struggled with this for hours. You're the man!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i get the same error only when I run the app on my iPad, though it works perfectly on my iPhone.

    I couldn't find the profile id in project.pbxproj as well.
    ideas?

    note: i'm a noobie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @iNouf,

    Check your installed profile on both iPad and iPhone.

    I can't guess your issue. If you receive this issue with a hex id, then it should be in your .pbxproj

    If you run xcode4, you should check files inside xcodeworkspace I believe.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have msn and nearly every time i go to sign in an error comes up saying error code 80048820 and extended ?

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ msn issues

    This post is to resolve the Xcode related issue. I *do not* have any idea about MSN throwing the same error.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh, thanks Palaniraja !,
    I was stuck at this issue for an hour and tried your solution, and it worked like a charm..

    my case was i had a project from an older Xcode (pre 4), and i started working on it again on Xcode 4, I think that might be the cause?

    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your post, worked like a charm!

    ReplyDelete
  17. For me the issue was that I was trying to set my provisioning profile on the project whilst an invalid profile was set on the target. Generally the best thing is to leave "don't code sign" on the project and just set your profiles on the target.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hats offf!!!! thks 1000k

    ReplyDelete